City Court & Citations
- Handles traffic citations (tickets), parking tickets, and City Ordinance violations.
- Interim City Judge Jake Hubbell currently resides over Columbia's Municipal Court.
- BLUE citations are issued by the Columbia Police Department (NOTE: Downtown Columbia parking tickets are white).
- Some citations do not require a court appearance and can be paid at the City Recorder's Office on the first floor in City Hall.
- BLUE citations that require you to appear in court include the following offenses:
- Failure to Stop for an Accident, Leaving the Scene
- Drag Racing
- Reckless Driving
- Failure to Report an Accident
- Texting or Cell Phone Use (adds points and mandatory driving school)
- Due Care
- If in doubt, come to court
- Citations issued by the Maury County Sherriff's Department (PINK tickets) and citations issued by the TN State Troopers Division (WHITE tickets) CANNOT be paid in City Court or at the City Recorder's Office: Contact the Maury County Circuit Court.
City Court Schedule
City Court is held every Tuesday at 8:30 am
City Court Location
Columbia City Hall
Council Chambers (basement level)
700 N Garden Street
Columbia, TN 38401
City Court Rules
The rules for appearing in City Court are as follows, no exceptions:
- No Food or Drink
- No Chewing Gum
- No Cell Phones
- No Tank Tops
- No Shorts
- No Bare Mid-Sections
- No Visible Body Piercings
- No Caps or Hats
- No Sagging Pants
- No Clothing with Holes Showing Undergarments or Bare Skin
Pay a City of Columbia Citation (Ticket)
The Columbia Police Department issues BLUE citations for various violations and White parking tickets for parking violations in downtown Columbia only. (Please do not confuse the downtown parking citation for a state issued citation since both are white tickets. Please read the ticket carefully).
If you are not required to appear in court and you are not disputing the citation, you can pay at the City Recorder's Office located on the first floor at Columbia City Hall, 700 North Garden Street, Columbia, TN.
The City does not accept personal checks. You may pay with debit/credit card, cash, money order, or cashier's check.