Columbia, Tennessee is the county seat of Maury County and a hub for commercial and residential development. Columbia has been the leader in South Central Tennessee for retail sales and employment over the past decade. And it is home to Columbia State Community College and Maury Regional Medical Center.
Columbia is strategically located in the southern portion of the ten-county Middle Tennessee region that includes the State Capital (Nashville) at the center, an approximate 50 minute drive from Columbia to Nashville. Columbia is a member of the Nashville Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) located in the southern portion of the MPO's planning area, which ties Columbia to the Nashville Metro Region's transportation network, allowing Columbia to participate in long-range regional transportation planning within Tennessee's fastest growing region.
Columbia offers advantages for businesses looking to grow and expand:
- Access to two major rail lines - CSX Transportation and TN Southern Railroad
- Convenient, central location off interstate I-65
- Exceptional quality of life amenities: parks and outdoors, arts and culture, residential, retail, etc.
- Extensive network infrastructure of easily accessible U.S. and state highways
- Maury County Regional Airport
Information and links to local business resources.Link to page
Commercial Facade Improvement Grant Program
Access Information and an Application for the Downtown Columbia Commercial Historic District Commercial Façade Improvement Grant Program, Round 2 that takes place May 2021-September 2021.Link to page