Columbia Police Department
The members of the Columbia Police Department are dedicated to providing the highest quality police services in order to enhance community safety, protect life and property, and reduce crime and the fear of crime. To do this, the department and its individual members, both civilian and sworn, pledge to develop a partnership with the community, lead a community commitment to resolve problems, and strive to improve the safety and quality of life in our city by community-oriented policing.
Maintain the highest standards of excellence, utilizing training and technology to create a safer environment for our citizens and continue as a leader in law enforcement in our community.
The Columbia Police Department will maintain crime prevention as its primary goal while vigorously pursuing those who commit crime. Making sure that our values become part of our day-to-day work life is our mandate, and they help to ensure that our personal and professional behavior can be maintained by our ethical values:
- Human Life - Above all else, we will protect and preserve human life.
- Integrity and Trust - We revere honesty, fairness, respect, and a consistent application of objective standards.
- Pride and Professionalism - We consciously and consistently demonstrate a commitment to the Peace Officer profession and civil servant. As a department, we are committed to becoming the profession's benchmark, through constant attention to self-improvement and development of optimum departmental services focused on quality performance and results.
- Community Service - We are committed to public service and the improvement of the quality of life in our community, through community partnerships and mutual accountability.
- Problem Solving - We value the utilization of a teamwork approach to facilitate individual and group creativity to accomplish substantive long-term solutions to our community's problems.
- Employee Value - Our personnel are our most valuable resource. The police department will seek the input of its employees in matters impacting on employee job satisfaction and effectiveness and encourage individual and professional development for each employee, both sworn and civilian.
Columbia Police Department is a full-service department that utilizes Community Orientating Policing.Link to page
Make a complaint about the actions of a Columbia police officer.Link to page
Community Services & Resources
Learn about important services and resources for local residents.Link to page
Find crime information such as crime mapping, missing persons, and statistics.Link to page
Submit a crime tip to help us break a case.Link to page
Divisions & Specialty Units
The Police Department consists of a Patrol Division, Investigation Division, and Support Services Division.Link to page
Browse job openings and contact the Recruiting Office.Link to page
Obtain a crash or incident Police Report. The Columbia Police Department’s Records Division shall be the central repository for original copies of all offense and incident reports, arrest reports, field reports, and other official records.Link to page
Thank an Officer
The Columbia Police Department is committed to maintaining a department that is professional and provides service to our community with integrity and honor. The Police Department encourages feedback from the public.Link to page