Through sound purchasing policies and procedures based upon laws and high ethical standards that promote public confidence and trust in government, the City of Columbia shall procure goods and services at the right time, at the right place and at the right price for all city departments.
- To know and become acquainted with the needs of all departments.
- To procure a product or service that will meet the departments' requirements and is the best value to the City.
- To know the sources and availability of needed products.
- To provide guidance through policies and training, and be a source of information to all departments in meeting their purchasing needs.
- To maintain good vendor relations.
- To inform department staffs of market changes, new products and other such factors.
- To exchange ideas and information with other public purchasing agencies in an effort to solve common problems.
- To develop standardized specifications for use by all departments, improve the purchasing practices, and apply them when feasible.
- To understand legal procurement laws.
Fore more information, see the City of Columbia Purchasing Manual (PDF).
Bids & Request For Proposals
View currently outstanding opportunities and bid results.Link to page
These three-digit codes generally describe goods and services purchased by the City. Vendor should include all codes applicable to their business.Link to page
Doing Business with the City
The City of Columbia purchases a variety of goods and services. The requirements related to a particular purchase depends upon the amount of the total purchase.Link to page
The purchasing policy and procedure manual for the City of Columbia has been developed to serve as a guide to procuring goods and services used by City Departments.Link to page
The City of Columbia makes available for sale to the general public surplus City property.Link to page
The City of Columbia does not support vendor preference regarding the awarding of bids or accepting quotes.Link to page