Zoning and Planning
The Zoning and Planning Division administers the Zoning Ordinance, Historic Zoning District Design Guidelines, and the Connect Columbia Comprehensive Plan to guide and direct healthy and beneficial development within the City of Columbia.
2) Applications for Planning Commission, Design Review, Historic Zoning Commission, and BZA may now be submitted online. Please read the guide to submitting online applications for development review.
3) The Planning Commission will no longer hold a study session. All items referred to Planning Commission by the Development Review Committee ("Technical") will be heard at the regularly scheduled Planning Commission meeting, typically on the second Wednesday of the month.
Applications and Checklists
- Fees - Planning (PDF)
- Application - Planning Commmission (PDF)
- Checklist for Planning Commission items
- Application - Minor Plat (PDF)
- Application Board of Zoning Appeals - Variance
- Application Board of Zoning Appeals - Conditional Use
- Application Board of Zoning - Appeals
- Application Architectural Review Committee (PDF)
- Application Historic Zoning Commission (PDF)
- Application - Home Occupation (PDF)
- Application - BusinessLicense (PDF)
- Application - Mobile Vending (PDF)
- Application - Temporary Use (PDF)