You may apply for exemption from the $14.00 per month garbage fee that is charged on your CPWS bill in the following instances:
- You are 65 by December 31 of the previous year.
- You are totally and permanently disabled.
- Your total household income is at or below the limit established by the City of $31,600 for the prior year.
- New applicants need to present the following:
- Most recent CPWS bill
- Medicare and/or Social Security card
- Proof of income for all residents at the address. Income limits allowed by the City may vary from year to year. Download the Garbage Fee Exemption application here then print, complete, and return the form to the City Recorder's Office in City Hall, 700 North Garden Street, Columbia, TN, 38401.