Construction and Building
The purpose of the permitting process is to ensure minimum standards to protect the public welfare by regulating and controlling the design, construction, installation, quality of materials, location, operation and maintenance or use of plumbing equipment and systems are upheld.
The following is a list of codes adopted by the City of Columbia and/or the State of Tennessee, which are enforced by the City of Columbia Building Inspections office.
- International Building Code (2012)
- International Fire Code (2012)
- Accessible and Useable Building and Facilities (ICC.A117.1-2009)
- International Residential Code (2012)
- International Energy Conservation Code (2009)
- International Plumbing Code (2012)
- International Mechanical Code (2012)
- International Fuel Gas Code (2012)
- National Electric Code (Contact Columbia Power and Water System)