Real and Personal Property taxes are due and payable without penalty from November 1 through December 15.
Penalty and Interest:
- One half of one percent will be added through the end of December.
- Effective January 1, an additional one half of one percent will accrue.
- Effective February 1, an additional one percent (1%) will be added per month.
STATE PROPERTY TAX RELIEF
YOU MAY QUALIFY FOR TAX RELIEF IF YOUR CITY OF COLUMBIA HOME WAS YOUR PRIMARY RESIDENCE IN 2015 AND YOU PROVIDE PROOF OF THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
State of Tennessee Tax Relief for seniors or TOTALLY AND PERMANENTLY disabled:
- Elderly: You were 65 years old (or older) as of December 31, 2015.
- Disabled: You must be totally and permanently disabled as rated by the Social Security Administration or other qualified agency.
- Income Limits: The total 2015 income for you, your spouse (whether he or she is on the deed or not) and of all other on the deed did not exceed $29,180.
State of Tennessee Tax Relief for 100% disabled veterans/surviving spouse of disabled veteran:
- Proof from the Veteran’s Administration that veteran is 100% service-related disabled.
- For New Applicants: Complete form F-16 or F-16S (for spouses) available in the City Recorder's Office at City Hall. (Form F-16 ) (Form F-16S)
CITY PROPERTY TAX RELIEF
YOU MAY QUALIFY FOR CITY PROPERTY TAX RELIEF IF YOUR CITY OF COLUMBIA HOME WAS YOUR PRIMARY RESIDENCE IN 2015 AND YOU PROVIDE PROOF OF THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
City of Columbia Tax Relief for seniors:
- Must be 65 years old (or older) as of December 31, 2015.
- 2015 income cannot exceed $29,180.
- Qualified seniors will receive up to $75.00 each year.