ALARM SYSTEM PERMIT
- $15.00 Residential , $30.00 Commercial
- Permits issued before November 2016 expire December 31st and renew annually in December.
- Permits issued November 2016 and later expire one year after issuance and renew annually.
- Alarm permit website: http://product.cityalarmpermit.com/famscitizen/columbia
- $250.00 Fee. (non-refundable)
- $100.00 annual renewal fee.
- Subject to approval by the City of Columbia Beer Board on the second Wednesday of each month.
- Beer Permit
- Fireworks may be sold only from June 26th through July 5th and from December 24th through January 2nd of each year.
- A Transient Vendor Permit would be required if the applicant’s dominant business is outside the state of Tennessee. The applicant for the firework permit must obtain a building permit with the Grant’s and Planning Department for the construction of the tent.
- Fee is $2,500, non-refundable and is due with submitted application.
- Additional fees for other permits are required.
- Other items required:
- Copy of certificate of registration sales & use tax.
- Copy of State of Tennessee Firework Permit.
- A Certificate of Liability Insurance with City of Columbia named as additional insured in the amount of $1,000,000.00.
- Proof of tent flame retardant.
- A site map (sketched out is fine).
- Fireworks Ordinance
- Fireworks Permit
- First time applicants see tn.gov/ABC
- Renews annually for State and City.
- Fee based on seating capacity.
MASS GATHERING PERMIT
- $25.00 non-refundable fee and Liability Insurance coverage to City.
- Issued for any large gathering involving City property.
- Mass Gathering Permit
- $50.00 per person.
- Issued for door to door solicitation within the city limits for 30 days.
- Requirements for each person.
- Picture of each applicant should be brought in with application.
- Background check by the Columbia Police Department.
- Peddler's Permit
TAXI CAB AND DRIVER PERMIT
- $5.00 annual fee for taxi Cab Company and each driver.
- $1.00 sticker for each cab.
- Picture of each applicant.
- Liability Insurance required for the company and vehicles.
- Drivers must be listed on the Liability Insurance Policy.
- Police department must approve applicant after a back ground check.
- Taxi Cab and Driver Permit
TEMPORARY VENDING PERMIT
- $50.00 for three (3) days.
- If applicant is not the owner of the property, written permission from the property owner is required.
- Temporary Vending Permit
TRANSIENT VENDOR PERMIT
- $57.00 for fourteen (14) days.
- Issued for out of state vendors for short term use.
- Requires approval by the Grants & Planning Department.
- NOTE: A transient vendor is required to purchase a temporary vending permit also.
- Transient Vendor Permit
YARD SALE PERMIT
- $5.00 for two (2) consecutive days.
- Allowed two (2) permits per calendar year for each location.
- Print and complete the permit attachment and bring to City Hall to receive your permit.
- Yard-Sale Permit