Permit Pic



  • $15.00 Residential , $30.00 Commercial
  • Permits issued during and before December 2016 expire December 31st and renew annually in December.
  • Permits issued January 2017 and later expire one year after issuance and renew annually.
  • Alarm permit website:

         BEER PERMIT

  • $250.00 Fee. (non-refundable)
  • $100.00 annual renewal fee.
  • Subject to approval by the City of Columbia Beer Board on the second Wednesday of each month.
  • Special Event permits are $150 (non-refundable).
  • Beer Permit


  • Fireworks may be sold only from June 25th through July 5th each year.
  • A Transient Vendor Permit would be required if the applicant’s dominant business is outside the state of Tennessee. The applicant for the firework permit must obtain a building permit with the Grant’s and Planning Department for the construction of the tent.
  • Fee is $2,500, non-refundable and is due with submitted application.
  • Additional fees for other permits are required.
  • Other items required:
    • Copy of certificate of registration sales & use tax.
    • Copy of State of Tennessee Firework Permit.
    • A Certificate of Liability Insurance with City of Columbia named as additional insured in the amount of $1,000,000.00.
    • Proof of tent flame retardant.
    • A site map (sketched out is fine).
  • Fireworks Ordinance 3958, Fireworks Ordinance 4166 
  • Municipal Code Section 5 - Fireworks
  • Fireworks Permit


  • First time applicants see
  • Renews annually for State and City.
  • Fee based on seating capacity.


  • $25.00 non-refundable fee and Liability Insurance coverage to City.
  • Issued for any large gathering involving City property.
  • Mass Gathering Permit


  • $50.00 per person.
  • Issued for door to door solicitation within the city limits for 30 days.
  • Requirements for each person.
    • Picture of each applicant should be brought in with application.
    • Background check by the Columbia Police Department.
  • Peddler's Permit


  • $5.00 annual fee for taxi Cab Company and each driver.
  • $1.00 sticker for each cab.
  • Picture of each applicant.
  • Liability Insurance required for the company and vehicles.
  • Drivers must be listed on the Liability Insurance Policy.
  • Police department must approve applicant after a back ground check.
  • Taxi Cab and Driver Permit


  • $50.00 for three (3) days.
  • If applicant is not the owner of the property, written permission from the property owner is required.
  • Temporary Vending Permit



  • $57.00 for fourteen (14) days.
  • Issued for out of state vendors for short term use.
  • Requires approval by the Grants & Planning Department.
  • NOTE: A transient vendor is required to purchase a temporary vending permit also.
  • Transient Vendor Permit


  • $5.00 for two (2) consecutive days.
  • Allowed two (2) permits per calendar year for each location.
  • Print and complete the permit attachment and bring to City Hall to receive your permit.
  • Yard-Sale Permit