Columbia is the economic center of Maury County and the South Central Tennessee region, serving as a regional hub for new business and development.
Located within the Nashville Metro Area region on I-65 approximately 45 minutes south of Nashville, Columbia continues to experience year over year increases in the rate of residential growth and development. As residents who work in the Nashville Metro Area region desire the feel of authentic, small town life in a city rich in history and culture, Columbia provides a high level of natural, recreational, and arts and cultural amenities along with a robust and active historic downtown business district which compliments new and growing retail development.
Numerous health & medical, manufacturing, corporate office, commercial, retail and other businesses all call Columbia home. Columbia’s ability to attract a diverse set of businesses ranging from small local companies to major international corporations is a result of the unique cooperation between local government and the private sector.
Some of the reasons that over 2,200 businesses call Columbia home include:
• One of the lowest property taxes in the Nashville Metro Area region
• Extensive railroad network
• Proximity to major roadways, i.e., I-26 and numerous US/State highways
• Proximity to the Maury County Regional Airport
• Diverse population and well-trained workforce
• Stellar education and workforce training opportunities
• Access to affordable and varietal housing options
• Tennessee is a right-to-work state
• Regional medical hub
• Sustainability efforts
• Largest city on the the Duck River, the longest river located entirely in TN
• Array of natural, recreational and cultural amenities